The Saskatoon Peace Coalition (SPC) is an organization of diverse individuals and groups committed to education and action for peace. Founded in 2001, the Saskatoon Peace Coalition works to educate and act for peace in our families, communities, and world.
We have a volunteer executive – that by using the methods of consultation, cooperation, and consensus – provides direction to the Peace Coalition.
Due to the pandemic, in-person meetings of the Peace Coalition have been postponed until the Fall. Details will be posted on our website and social media pages. New members are always welcome to come to our meetings.
Although we are open to new ideas and directions, our main areas of focus have historically been:
- peace education – supporting schools’ efforts to stop bullying, encouraging use and further development of peace curricula, providing opportunities for peace education for the general Saskatoon Community
- violence against women – raising awareness and supporting local initiatives to stop gender violence
- nuclear weapons – remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki, and endorsing the elimination of all nuclear weapons
- war/militarization – calling for peaceful solutions and renewed development efforts in war-torn regions
- Palestine/Israel – supporting non-violent development, especially Zatoun and Project Hope
The Saskatoon Peace Coalition is a member or affiliate or supporter of:
- Commemorating the 1945 Atomic Bombing
- CJPME Declares Middle East Trip a Failure as Minister Garneau Refuses to Confront Israeli Apartheid
- Mother’s Day 2021 Peace Awards
- CJPME Welcomes ICC Green Light to Investigate Israeli War Crimes, Urges Canada to End Opposition
- Israel and Palestine: Future Directions in the Middle East